Dental Veneers Fast Facts That You Should Know
Before you get dental veneers, you may be interested in learning more about this great dental service. When it comes to covering flaws, veneers are a wonderful product that creates amazing results. You will be impressed with how much better your teeth will look once you have your veneers placed. Veneers can cover many dental flaws with minimal effort. For a few more important and quick facts about them, continue reading.
- A veneer is a very thin, normally porcelain shell that is adhered to the fronts of your teeth to cover flaws.
- Dental veneers can cover and improve shaping and contouring issues, discoloration or spotting, chips or gaps, misaligned or crooked teeth, awkward lengths, and a variety of other imperfections.
- Veneers are normally made of porcelain or composite materials depending on your specific needs.
- Before your veneers are placed, we will gently etch the surface enamel of your teeth to create a better base for the adhesive. Once your enamel is prepared, we will adhere temporary veneers while your new ones are created in the lab. Once ready, the dental veneers will be bonded to your teeth with a long-lasting dental glue.
- Veneers normally last 15-20 years, sometimes longer. This length will range depending how well you care for your veneers and your surrounding gums and teeth.
- They can be easily replaced if they become damaged or worn.
- Dental veneers can be placed in as little as one dental visit or as many as three visits depending on what type of veneers you choose.
- Before we can place your veneers, you will need to have a dental check up and allow us to fix any cavities and remove any dangerous infections.
- The veneers placement is a minimally invasive and highly effective cosmetic solution.
- You should not get veneers if your teeth are still developing or if you are suffering from ongoing periodontal disease.
- Dental veneers are customized to fit only your teeth and improve the exact flaws you discuss with us.
- Veneers are very natural looking and not easily scratched, stained, or damaged.
- The veneers procedure is not reversible unless you plan to have another cosmetic or restorative procedure completed to cover your vulnerable teeth due to the removal of enamel before veneers are placed.
- Regular flossing and brushing can be done once your veneers are placed. No extra care outside of the avoidance of biting your fingernails or grinding your teeth is required.
- Normally local anesthetic application is all the pain relief that is needed for a veneers placement. You will not experience discomfort during the procedure.
- The cost range of veneers varies depending on the location of treatment and severity of dental imperfections.
- Dental veneers from our office should blend in perfectly with your other teeth.
Now that you have learned some fast facts about how convenient, efficient, and affordable veneers are, we hope you consider visiting our office to learn more. The benefits of dental veneers are endless, and the results are attractive and natural looking. For all your dental veneer needs, we can help.
Wondering how dental professionals repair damaged teeth? Dental veneers are one of the most common types of dental treatments used for those who have damaged teeth. According to WebMD, dental veneers are routinely used to fix teeth that are discolored, worn down, chipped, broken, misaligned, uneven, irregularly-shaped and gapped.Because dental veneers can be used to…
Wondering if dental veneers are the right choice for you? When you are living with one or more tooth imperfections, it is likely that you do not feel as confident as you should when you smile. Life is simply too short to live with a smile that you are not always proud to show off,…
When it comes to getting a beautiful smile, dental veneers are one of the most popular options available. But how do you know if they are the best option for you? The following are five things you should know before choosing veneers.One of the most common misconceptions about getting veneers is that this procedure is…
Dental veneers are the revolutionary solution people are using to get a brilliant and preferred smile. With the help of dental veneer technology, people are able to address significant issues like stains on their teeth, chipped teeth, all other kinds of damage to their teeth, and even address issues of mild malocclusion or crooked teeth. …